Sunday, December 15, 2013


CHRISTMAS CLASSICS



I’ve been settling in after a busy first semester of graduate school.  Very busy.  The boring kind of busy where nothing exciting really happens and there is little room for coffee dates or whimsy of any kind.  So Christmas break has been a release of pent up creativity.

This weekend David and I were invited to a classic Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  Unfortunately, we are not so lucky to have inherited sweater heirlooms from a grandma’s closet.  So we hopped from thrift stores, to Walmart, to Target over the course of several days.  Would you believe we came up empty handed!  Apparently, ugly Christmas sweaters have become quite the commodity.  So, in a desperate last effort we settled on creating sweaters of our own. 

I had no idea that my husband could sew!  But he single handedly stitched a large, felt Christmas tree to a sweatshirt, and added some bows and bells and a battery powered strand of lights.  For my sweater, I created a snow globe, using felt deer, fabric for snowy hills, and Styrofoam balls for snow.  We laughed all afternoon and practically dripped from all the creative juices. 

Needless to say, we brought home silver and gold!  I’m so looking forward to the rest of Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment