Sunday, May 26, 2013

BIG NEWS


Good morning from Cherry Street.  I picked these flowers up at the farmer's market.  I have enjoyed them so much.  To me, the white flowers resemble living lace with their winding buds.  

Well, two wonderful things have happened all at once!  I have been waiting for them to happen for a long time.  And now they have and deserve quite a fuss and celebration.  First, my brother-in-law has proposed to the sweetest little pixie you’ll ever see.  My brother-in-law carefully planned to surprise her at the beach.  He made dinner arrangements where he presented the music box he had made himself. (The George men can build anything.)  And finally took her down to a pier where he popped the question.  She is a cheerful ray of sunshine and I couldn’t choose a lovelier girl with which to share this family.

A second proposal took place up in Chicago between my college roommate and a perfect gentleman.  Thinking back, we had hardly made it through college orientation before my stunning roommate was attracting interest from freshman fellows.  In her final year at school she announced she had met an amazing guy.  While I was skeptical at first, it didn’t take long to see that he really is amazing.  He is thoughtful, kind, and a hard worker.  He designed her engagement ring himself, and even flew her parents from California to be a part of their special weekend. 

Ben and Becky… Jill and Dan, I feel like my cup runneth over!  May the joy and excitement of this season exceed your expectations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment