Saturday, May 18, 2013

BEGINNINGS



    Good morning friends.  Take a look at this wispy little feather discovered on my windowsill.  A few weeks ago I cozily lay in bed and blinked and looked at what had floated to my windowsill.  As adoration bubbled up for how soft the feather looked in the soft morning light, I knew that this feather must be photographed. 

    Several mornings following this event, my mom and I were swapping Pinterest posts and pictures when I showed her my photographed feather.  She said it reminded her of the book, “The Dream Giver,” by Bruce Wilkinson.

    In this story, the brave character named Ordinary lives in the town of Nobodies when he discovers a feather placed on his windowsill.  The feather indicates it is time for him to pursue his big dream. 

    Have you ever made the first steps towards a big dream?  For several years now I’ve had a cautious curiosity about blogging. Blogging seemed to me, a way to visually express and record the beauty and uniqueness of life.  A way to decompress the present while preserving the past. 

    Often, our big dreams are paired with big hesitations however.  I have had many excuses and insecurities about beginning a blog.  But this year I have felt more empowered through little stepping stones, such as a photography class and writing club and increased journaling.  After my husband and I bought a new computer last week, I realized I had run out of excuses!  And here I am, writing my first post for this new baby blog.  I hope that this blog opens your eyes to the beautiful details of your daily events, as I strive to record my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment